Ascot Skylight Installation
Don’t Forget to Add Plasterboard to your Measurements.
We advice customers not to fix a date for installation until delivery can be confirmed. This is normally when the skylight is dispatched.
To cover our up-stand
All of the dimensions given on this website are taken from the interior of each one of our skylights, these should match your opening size. If you wish, your plaster board can cover the up-stand and go all the way up to the glass, which creates a much neater finish.
To have our up-stand on show
If you prefer for the finish to go up to the base of the up-stand, and leave it on show, then you will need to allow for both the thickness of you plaster board and skimming.
Both options are illustrated in the two images below.
To Fix in Position – Fit Directly to the Roof/OSB/Ply etc.
- Mark off where the up-stand frame is going to fit around your pre-cut hole in your roof.
- Apply a thick bead of silicone to the marked area. You may need to apply more silicone to certain areas to allow for any distortions in the roof.
- Place your skylight on top of siliconed area and wipe away any excess.
- Run a bead of silicone around the edge of the fixing lip to finish the silicone seal.
- Then finish with your roofing membrane/flashing across the fixing lip and up the side of the up-stand
Note. Ensure you have a good bond/seal to maintain watertightness .
Flat Skylights Only.
- Finish by fitting the cosmetic top frame. Silicone the edge of the frame then fit into position.
- Then weigh down.
- Clear excess silicone with 10mm bar.
- Dress, peel off excess when cured.